Frequently Asked Questions
- Are students required to wear a uniform?
- How do I register?
- How do students obtain uniforms?
- How much does Camden Community Charter School cost?
- What are the criteria for being accepted into Camden Community Charter School? Do students have to take a test?
- When can I apply to enroll my child?
- Why should parents send their children to Camden Community Charter School? What makes Camden Charter special?
- Will Camden Community Charter School offer students access to technology?
- Will you enroll and serve students with special needs?
Are students required to wear a uniform?
Yes. Students wear a simple but proper uniform. The uniform provides two key benefits to the culture of the school. First, it removes the pressure and competition that often arise among students when they are choosing their own school clothing. Second, the uniform provides a structure that is then conveyed throughout all aspects of the students’ school day. The basic school uniform is comprised of khaki or blue bottom (pants, skirt) and a blue or white top (shirt, blouse).
How do I register?
There are three ways to register:
- Obtain a registration form at the school, at 415 N. Ninth Street.
- Download a registration form from our website.
Call 856-635-0310 to request a registration packet to be sent to you.
How do students obtain uniforms?
Parent are responsible for supplying uniforms for their children, but the school will also assist parents in obtaining uniforms. If parents require assistance, please contact the school office.
How much does Camden Community Charter School cost?
It is free. Camden Community Charter School is a public charter school funded by the district and the state. There is no cost to students or their families.
What are the criteria for being accepted into Camden Community Charter School? Do students have to take a test?
There is no admissions test. Students for Camden Community Charter School will be admitted on a lottery basis as determined by New Jersey law.
When can I apply to enroll my child?
Enrollment is ongoing for spaces that occur during the school year and for next year.
Why should parents send their children to Camden Community Charter School? What makes Camden Charter special?
- CCCS emphasizes depth of understanding in all subjects. The goal is learning, not just preparing for tests. CCCS students will succeed on state tests because of their breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Reading is the most essential skill in a technological society. We will teach every one of our students to be successful readers and to love reading and learning. Our goal is to create successful students who will have a lifelong joy of reading.
- Research shows that nearly all students—at least 98 percent—can be taught to read on or above grade level. Camden Community Charter School programs are built on relentless, personalized attention that provides great fun along the way to achieve those goals.
Will Camden Community Charter School offer students access to technology?
Yes. Not only will students have access to computers, iPads, Chromebooks, and other technologies in school, but parents are also offered free home computers and broadband Internet through Comcast's Internet Essentials program, courtesy of a generous contribution from the Gureghian Charitable Foundation.
Will you enroll and serve students with special needs?
Yes. Charter schools are public schools required by law to provide any and all services included in students’ IEPs.